Yamaha YDP184 Arius Digital Piano - Rosewood
This is the top-of-the-line Arius with the Yamaha CFX Grand Piano sample, a 30 Watt (X2) sounds system, 7 scale types, 250 songs, and polyphony at 256! All of the best features of the Arius line...times 10!
Do you still have questions? Please reach out to one of our piano department experts via the chat function in the lower right corner of the screen, email, or via phone at 800-437-1755!
PIANO SOUND QUALITY ONLY POSSIBLE FROM YAMAHA
Yamaha’s flagship 9’ concert grand piano, the CFX, offers sparkling highs and a powerful resonant bass with a sound that projects to the furthest reaches of any concert hall. The CFX was played by the winner of the prestigious International Chopin Competition in 2010, and has since gained recognition as one of the greatest concert grands of modern times.
VRM PHYSICAL MODELING – THE DISTINCTIVE REVERBERATION GENERATED BY THE ENTIRE BODY OF A CONCERT GRAND PIANO
In a grand piano, sound resonates throughout the body of the instrument, producing a rich reverberation that envelops the listener in sound. This phenomena is reproduced perfectly in the Arius through enhanced Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM).
The original VRM calculates the various states of the strings for each of the 88 notes on the keyboard, as well as the timing and depth of the damper pedals when pressed, from one instant to the next.
The enhanced VRM now also calculates aliquot resonance in the upper octaves, and the full resonance of the soundboard, rim, and frame. This technology allows for vivid, bright, richly-varied expression that reflects the limitless number of factors inherent in piano performance.
SUPERB PLAYABILITY AND FEEL
Graded Hammer 3 (GH3) 88-key piano action with synthetic ebony and ivory keytops reproduces the touch of an acoustic piano, from the heavy feel in the lower register to a lighter touch in the upper octaves. It also features a three-sensor configuration, which accurately senses and interprets the behavior of the keyboard in order to provide a grand piano-style response and feel. This allows for quick note repetition and authentic expressive control. The piano keyboard with synthetic ivory key tops provide a tactile surface to the white keys, absorbing moisture from the fingers and preventing them from slipping.
PEDALING PROVIDES AN ADDED LEVEL OF REALISM
Half-damper pedal control creates more detailed nuance and subtlety when playing, similar to pedaling on a grand piano. This feature allows for continuously increasing lengths of sustained notes, from slight to full, as the sustain pedal is depressed.
Stereo Sustain samples provide mellow reverberations when the player depresses the damper pedal. Similarly, Damper Resonance provides broad and deep resonance when the pedal is used. Similar to that of an acoustic piano, the result is more realistic sound.
CAPTURE YOUR PERFORMANCE
The MIDI recording function built into the instrument allows players to record performances*.
Players can record up to 16 tracks for simultaneous playback. Both hands can be recorded separately and played back together. Additionally, you can create your build your own compositions by overdubbing different voices.
* Recordings are made in Standard MIDI file (SMF) format. Compatible software is required for playback of the recorded data on a computer.
THE STEREOPHONIC OPTIMIZER – A NEW KIND OF HEADPHONE EXPERIENCE
When using headphones, the Stereophonic Optimizer lets players enjoy the dispersed sound heard when sitting in front of an acoustic piano. With the Stereophonic Optimizer, Voices sampled from acoustic pianos appear to come from the body of the instrument.
This provides a comfortable, natural experience that removes the drawbacks of performing with headphones.
CONNECT AND INTERACT WITH YOUR INSTRUMENT
A standard USB cable can be used to connect the instrument to a computer or mobile device, opening up a world of creativity, entertainment, and education. iOS devices can be connected to the instrument using the Yamaha UD-BT01 Bluetooth MIDI adapter, or the Lightning-USB Camera adapter.
The instrument can be used to interact as a controller and/or sound source with a variety of music creation applications.
|Width||1,461 mm (57-1/2″)|
|Height||927 mm (36-1/2″)|
|Depth||459 mm (18-1/16″)|
|Weight||56.0 kg (123 lbs, 7 oz.)|
|Number of Keys||88|
|Keyboard Action||GH3 (Graded Hammer 3)|
|Touch Sensitivity||Hard2 / Hard1 / Medium / Soft1 / Soft2 / Fixed|
|Number of Pedals||3 (Sustain, Sostenuto, Soft, Expression, Pitch Bend Up, Pitch Bend Down, Rotary Speed, Vibe Rotor, Song Play/Pause)|
|Key Cover Style||Sliding|
|Piano Sound||Yamaha CFX|
|Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM)||Yes|
|String Resonance||Yes (VRM)|
|Damper Resonance||Yes (VRM)|
|Number of Voices||24|
|Master Effect||11 Types|
|Number of Preset Songs||14 Voice Demo Songs + 50 Classics|
|Recording: Number of Songs||250|
|Recording: Number of Tracks||16|
|Data Capacity||Approx. 500 KB/Song|
|Transpose||-12 – 0 – +12|
|Tuning||414.8 – 440.0 – 466.8 Hz (approx. 0.2 Hz Increments)|
|Internal Memory||Total Maximum Size Approx. 1.5 MB|
|External Drives||USB Flash Drive|
|Headphone Jacks||Standard Stereo Phone Jack (x2)|
|MIDI||[In] [Out] [Thru]|
|Auxiliary In||Stereo Mini|
|Auxiliary Out||[L/L+R] [R}|
|USB to Device||Yes|
|USB to Host||Yes|
|Amplifiers||30W x 2|
|Speakers||16 cm x 2|
|Accessories||Owner’s Manual, 50 Classic Music Masterpieces (Music Book)|
- Bench: Includes a matching bench. Styles may vary depending on model. BC108BK (Matte Black), BC108DW (Dark Walnut), BC108PE (Polished Ebony), BC108DR (Rosewood)
- 50 Classical Music Masterpieces: Enjoy this compilation songbook of the most popular and beautiful classical piano songs by Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, and many others.
- Owners Manual: Learn about the features and care of your instrument in this comprehensive manual.
- Power Adapter: PA-300C
- 3 Year Warranty: YAMAHA will, at its option, repair or replace the product covered by this warranty if it becomes defective, malfunctions or otherwise fails to conform with this warranty under normal use and service during the term of this warranty, without charge for labor or materials. Repairs may be performed using new or refurbished parts that meet or exceed YAMAHA specifications for new parts. If YAMAHA elects to replace the product, the replacement may be a reconditioned unit. To learn more about this, and other Yamaha warranties, please visit our website.
- Free Shipping (See FAQ regarding shipping vs. delivery)
- Free Extended Warranty Upgrade on Clavinova/Avant Hybrid models
- Direct Text Support
- Financing – 12 months same as cash
- Piano Trade-up Program
- Video Owners Manual for Digital Models
- Piano Expert Consultation – Our piano experts have your best interest in mind and will never pressure you into making a decision!
Arius Series Testimonials
The Arius series bridges the gap between entry-level portable digital pianos and the premium Clavinova line of digital pianos.
This series features solid action with quality piano sounds, all in a stylish, furniture cabinet.