B3PE - 48" Polished Ebony Upright Piano
Yamaha took everything they learned from more than a century of crafting fine pianos to create an instrument to inspire the next generation of players. The result is an elegant, compact piano with a responsive keyboard and a clear, resonant tone. Whether you’re a beginner, a budding virtuoso or accomplished musician, the B-Series is an absolute joy to play.
The B3 is at the top of the B-Series line and approaches professional standards while remaining true to the series’ design philosophy of great value with a very affordable price. At the heart of the B3 is a solid spruce soundboard which produces rich and colorful tonal resonance.
SMALL SPACE, BIG SOUND
The B-Series takes its inspiration from Yamaha’s popular U-series upright piano, with soundboards and ribs crafted from premium tone woods and fine spruce. The result is pianos with a tone that performs far beyond the entry level.
BACK POSTS, FORWARD THINKING
Years of cutting-edge research, including Yamaha’s proprietary wood-drying process, result in back posts that maintain their shape, strength and resonance for years to come.
ADVANCED V-PRO FRAME
Yamaha was the first company to use an advanced Vacuum Shield Mold casting technology called V-Pro to create a stronger, lighter, more durable frame. Every B-Series piano features a full-perimeter frame built to Yamaha’s exacting specifications at their Iwata Forge in Japan.
SPECIALLY DESIGNED HAMMERS
B-Series hammers are crafted of the finest materials and painstakingly designed for each model to provide optimum tone, response and a lifetime of musical enjoyment.
HAND-WOUND BASS STRINGS
Yamaha artisans in their factory in Kakegawa, Japan oversee the winding of pure copper and adjust the balance and tension of each bass string to the exacting standards and sound profile of every B-Series piano.
THE WORLD’S FIRST ALUMINUM ACTION RAIL
Often copied but never equaled, the patented Yamaha aluminum action rail helps assure your piano is resistant to tiny fluctuations in humidity and temperature over time.
SEASONED FOR DESTINATION
Yamaha specifically seasons this piano for the market into which it is shipped. The tuning stability, finish and overall musical integrity are enhanced over the long life expected of a fine piano.
YAMAHA BALANCED ACTION
Each key of a Yamaha piano is individually tested and measured for the corrections needed to obtain uniform “down weight” pressure. Yamaha actions play correctly and uniformly. This balancing helps ensure a lifetime of superior touch and control across the keyboard.
Produced at a Yamaha factory in Indonesia from a scale design developed in Japan, B-Series pianos are Yamaha’s most affordable entry-level uprights. Although reduced production costs allow budget-friendly prices, Yamaha makes no compromises in the materials and workmanship that go into these exceptional uprights.
|Number of Keys:||88|
|White Key Surfaces:||Acrylic Resin|
|Black Key Surfaces:||Phenolic Resin with Wooden Filler|
|Pedal Type:||Damper, Muffler, Soft|
|Hammer Type:||B Series Special|
|Caster Type:||Single Caster|
|Number of Back Posts:||5|
Silent Model SPECS
|Key Sensors:||Non-contact continuous detection optical sensor|
|Damper Pedal:||Continuous detection sensor|
|Soft/Shift Pedal:||On/Off detection sensor|
|Silencing System Mechanism:||Hammer shank stopper operated by center pedal|
|Piano Sounds:||Yamaha CFX, Bösendorfer Imperial|
|Binaural Sampling:||Yes (CFX Grand Voice only)|
|Virtual Resonance Modeling(VRM):||Yes|
|Number of Preset Voices:||10|
|Stereophonic Optimizer:||Yes (Piano Voices other than CFX Grand)|
|Number of Preset Songs:||10 Voice Demo Songs, 50 Classics|
|Number of Recording Songs:||1|
|Recording Data Capacity:||approx. 550KB|
|Playback Format:||SMF (Format 0, Format 1)|
|Recording Format:||SMF (Format 0)|
|Max. Recording Time:||80 minutes/Song|
|Playback Format:||WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bit, stereo)|
|Recording Format:||WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bit, stereo)|
|Tempo Range:||5 – 500|
|Transpose:||-6 – 0 – +6|
|Tuning:||414.8 – 440.0 – 466.8 Hz (approx. 0.2 Hz increments)|
|Storage and Connectivity|
|Internal Memory:||approx. 550 KB|
|External Drives:||USB flash drive|
|DC IN:||16 V|
|Headphones:||Stereo mini jack (x2)|
|AUX IN:||Stereo mini jack|
|USB TO DEVICE:||Yes|
|USB TO HOST:||Yes|
|AC Adaptor:||PA-300C (or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha)|
|Power Consumption:||11 W (When using PA-300C AC adaptor)|
|Auto Power Off:||Yes|
|Included Accessories:||AC adaptor, power cord, headphones, headphone hanger, attachment screws for headphone hanger, Owner’s Manual|
- Matching Piano Bench
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Red Key Cover
- 10 Year Warranty On Acoustic Pianos: From cabinet to keys, legs and strings, if any defect or issues arise with any aspect of your piano we will take care of everything at no charge! Yamaha takes pride on the quality of their pianos and we believe in Yamaha’s craftsmanship to stand behind this amazing warranty promise.
- If you are considering a Hybrid Piano that is both acoustic and digital…There’s more!
- 5 Year Warranty On Digital Portion Of Hybrid Pianos: From circuits to connections, wiring and hardware, if any defect or issues arise with any aspect of your piano we will take care of everything at no charge! Yamaha takes pride on the quality of their pianos and we believe in Yamaha’s craftsmanship to stand behind this amazing warranty promise.
- 3 Year Extended Popplers Warranty (no extra charge): We want to be sure you have every confidence when buying a Yamaha piano! To be sure, Yamaha is the leader in quality, craftsmanship, and piano technology, and you will can expect many years of trouble-free music making without surprise expenses or repairs. We are so confident in this quality that we are giving you 3 additional years of warranty, beyond the standard 10 year coverage, at NO additional cost…our Popplers Promise to you!
- Hybrid Pianos will also receive a 3 year Extended Warranty on the digital portion of the piano!
- Free Shipping (See FAQ regarding shipping vs. delivery)
- Free Extended Warranty Upgrade on Clavinova/Avant Hybrid models
- Direct Text Support
- Financing – 12 months same as cash
- Piano Trade-up Program
- Video Owners Manual for Digital Models
- Piano Expert Consultation – Our piano experts have your best interest in mind and will never pressure you into making a decision!